New Extreme Revoluted Dancers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owen Wightman hit-and-run: Driver urged to come forward

Go down

Owen Wightman hit-and-run: Driver urged to come forward Empty Owen Wightman hit-and-run: Driver urged to come forward

Post by Mr007 Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Owen Wightman hit-and-run: Driver urged to come forward

Detectives investigating the death of a six-year-old boy in a hit-and-run crash in West Yorkshire have urged the car driver to come forward.

Owen Wightman, of Kettlethorpe in Wakefield, was hit by a car on Fishponds Lane in nearby Chapelthorpe shortly after midday on Saturday.

The driver, believed to be a young white male, failed to stop.

In a statement Owen's parents Joanne and Neil said their son was "a bundle of joy - our little ray of sunshine".

They said: "We have lost our baby - if someone will please come forward so we can lay him to rest.

"He was just perfect in every way - when he walked into a room he lit it up.

"Our perfect little man has been taken from us."
Forensic tests

Police said they had recovered CCTV images of the "offending vehicle" and debris from the scene.

Det Supt Paul Taylor, of West Yorkshire Police, said: "These items and the CCTV images are with the Forensic Science Service and I'm very hopeful that the scientists will be able to identify exactly the make and model of the vehicle.

"I'm also hoping that with enhancement of the CCTV we may get a registration number or partial registration of the vehicle.

"With this in mind, I would appeal for the driver to come forward before we have to knock on his door."
Floral tribute at crash scene Flowers were laid near the scene of the crash on Fishponds Lane

He said the driver of the car was believed to have got out and inspected his vehicle for damage immediately after the incident.

The vehicle involved was a small, grey or light-coloured hatchback and officers said it was "likely to have front-end damage as a result of the collision".

Det Ch Insp Paul Taylor, of West Yorkshire Police, appealed for anyone with information about the driver's identity to come forward.

He said a number of items recovered from the scene were being forensically examined and CCTV images in the area were being looked at.

"If anyone has any information about the identity of the person involved I would urge them to get in touch," he said.

"Owen's family are absolutely devastated by what has happened, we need to speak to the driver of this vehicle immediately."

marketing planning
California elder law

Mr007
noob
noob

Back to top Go down