New Extreme Revoluted Dancers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Format of Dance lessons

Go down

Format of Dance lessons Empty Format of Dance lessons

Post by ajaybali Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Since changing dance instructors our lesson format has changed dramatically.... I am thinking this is a good direction change for us, husband not so sure and I would welcome thoughts on our lesson format. We have been with new instuctor about 9 months now, taking (2) hour and a half lessons per week, and I would say 2-3 hours practice in between each lessons working on what has been presented to us.

This instructor is very very technical in his instruction. He is also a personal trainer and talks with us alot about "body parts"!! We have both frame problems and control of balance. So I would say at least 3/4 of each lessons is on frame and balance....It is not until the end of the lesson, maybe 10 minutes that we will take what has been taught and dance it....ya know actually dance. The instructors thoughts are that I am going to teach you these concepts and then I will leave it to you during your practice to incorporate this into your routines and dance. He feels the partnership is strong enough for us to do this on our own.

Honestly, sometimes I feel that I just cant do this.... What he wants my body to do I dont know that I can pull it off... For me there is no physical limitiations at all, I just dont know how to make it happen. Connect hip to spine, spine to shoulder blades, shoulder blades to elbows, head weight to standing foot.... Blah, blah, blah... At times I think this is so hard my head is gong to explode and... am I the only one in the world who just cant get my body to do this!!

So my opinion is that these are our shortcomings and we cannot advance our dance without these corrections. I feel that we are quite lucky that we have an instuctor that is not going to let it go and just will not proceed until he is happy that we have mastered these basic skillsets we need, even if it means week in and week out we have to have the exact same frame and balance lessons..... Husband is concerened that all we will end up with is mechanics of dance, but not dance....

It concerns me that for the first time husband and I are not on the same page with this...
OK, that the story. I would love thoughts on our dance instruction format...

Christian Singles Online Dating
children and divorce

ajaybali
noob
noob

Back to top Go down